The CNA certification team has made the difficult decision to postpone the May 1-15, 2020, exam-writing window. This was not a decision that we made lightly but, given the current global COVID-19 pandemic, we feel it is the right thing to do. If you were scheduled to write the exam in May, you can expect an email from CNA with instructions on what to do next. Further updates will be shared once available.– See more at: https://www.cna-aiic.ca/en/certification/get-certified
L’équipe de la certification de l’AIIC a pris la décision difficile de remettre la période d’examen du 1er mai au 15 mai 2020. Nous n’avons pas pris cette décision à la légère; compte tenu de la pandémie de la COVID-19 actuelle, nous estimons que cela est approprié. Si vous devez vous soumettre à l’examen en mai, vous recevrez un courriel de l’AIIC contenant des directives sur les prochaines étapes. Nous vous communiquerons d’autres renseignements à jour lorsqu’ils seront disponibles.- See more at: https://www.cna-aiic.ca/fr/certification
Did you know? Over 1,300 critical care nurses across Canada have their national CNCC(C) certification designation! Care to Be the Best! Canadian Nurses Association Certification is a nationally recognized credential for registered nurses. Becoming certified in your specialty demonstrates your commitment to nursing excellence and continuing competence. The Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) is responsible for the adminstration of the nursing specialty examinations. The Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) developed and administered the first critical care nursing certification examination in 1995, in collaboration with the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses (CACCN). Successful completion of the examination enables critical care nurses to hold the credential of Certified Nurse in Critical Care – Canada (CNCC-C) or Certified Nurse in Critical Care – Pediatrics (CNCCP-C) for a period of 5 years.
|Application Period||January 20 to March 2, 2020|
|Examination Dates||May 1 to May 15, 2020|
|Initial Exam Fees||English|
|Application Period||June 1 to September 10, 2020|
|Examination Dates||November 1 to 15, 2020|
|Renewal by CL Hours|
|Application Period||January 9 to November 1, 2020|
Certification Discount – Voucher 2020
- Specialty Association Membership Discount! Nurses who are members of CACCN – SAVE 20%* on initial or renewal application fees.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org after January 9, 2020 to obtain your Discount Voucher Code.
- To obtain a voucher code, you must be a current member or must join CACCN.
- Voucher should be used at the time of examination registration, however if you have already applied, you may obtain the code and contact CNA via email at email@example.com with confirmation of CACCN membership in the national association and the voucher along with a request to be refunded the 20% discount.
- CACCN Certification Bursary! Bursary submission portal will open when CNA opens the application period for the spring examination and renewals. Applications for initial certification must be submitted before the application period for spring or fall. Renewal applications may be submitted at any time up to the closing of the application period. Applications may only be submitted in the year in which you write/pass the exam or renew your certification and are only accepted via the online submission system. Review the criteria before submission.
- Canadian Nurses Foundation Certification Awards
- Other Financial Resources
Certification Application / Information: CNA Website
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-361-8404 toll free
CACCN Certification Resources – Members Only
- You must be a CACCN Member and sign into the website to access the following. Once you sign in, select Members Only in the navigation bar / side, select Certification Study Resources and Certification Webinars
- Webinar: Becoming Certified: CNA Specialty Examination – CACCN Tips for Writing Success
- Certification Study Guide
- The guide is prepared using case study style questions.
- The guide includes questions and answers to enhance your studies for the examination.
- Certification Systems Review Webinars
- Paediatric Certification Webinars
Did you know we can assist with renewing your credential using Continuing Learning Hours?
|CACCN Activities to Accumulate CL Hours||Learning Hrs Earned **|
|CACCN Membership||4 CL Hours per year|
|Committee activity related to your certification nursing specialty/area of nursing practice (i.e. includes serving on the planning committee for a specialty conference or on the executive of the association for your area of nursing practice)||25 hours maximum|
|Presentations, lectures and posters – credits for presentations you make to other health professionals on topics related to your area of certification. Prep time is included!||Calculate preparation time by doubling the presentation time |
(e.g., 1 hour presentation plus
2 hours preparation = 3 CL hours)
|Oral presentation to a provincial or national conference||10 CL hours maximum|
for presentation and preparation
|Poster presentation to a provincial or national conference, you may claim a maximum of 10 CL hours for your preparation and presentation.||10 CL hours maximum|
for presentation and preparation
|Volunteering related to your nursing specialty (e.g., with a not-for-profit organization or charity, serving as a board member or delivering presentations to clients and/or consumers.)||15 CL hours maximum|
|Over the five-year certification term for completing learning activities related to meeting your jurisdictional regulatory standards.† (see more at specialty certification CNA)||15 CL hours maximum|