Did you know? Over 1,300 critical care nurses across Canada have their national CNCC(C) certification designation! Care to Be the Best! Canadian Nurses Association Certification is a nationally recognized credential for registered nurses. Becoming certified in your specialty demonstrates your commitment to nursing excellence and continuing competence. Successful completion of the examination enables critical care nurses to hold the credential of Certified Nurse in Critical Care – Canada (CNCC-C) or Certified Nurse in Critical Care – Pediatrics (CNCCP-C) for a period of 5 years.
CACCN Certification Resources – Members Only
- Study Guide
- Certification Study Guide – The guide is prepared using case study style questions. The guide includes questions and answers to enhance your studies for the examination.
- Access the Certification Resources – To access the certification resources, you must be an active/current CACCN Member. Sign into the website, select Members Only in the navigation bar / side, select Certification Study Resources and Certification Webinars or click the above noted links. Not a current member? JOINUS now
Important Dates and Information
|2020 Renewals||Continuous Learning|
|Late Applications||January 1 to February 28, 2021|
|Late Application Fees||English French|
|Application Period||January 14 to March 8, 2021|
|Examination Dates||May 1 to May 15, 2021|
|Initial Exam Fees||English French|
|Application Period||June 1 to September 1, 2021|
|Examination Dates||November 1 to November 15, 2021|
|Renewal by CL Hours|
|Application Period||January 14 to November 1, 2021|
|Renewal Fees||English French|
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-361-8404 toll free
Certification Discount: Voucher 2021: Specialty Association Membership Discount! Nurses who are members of CACCN – SAVE 20%* on initial or renewal application fees. To obtain a voucher code, you must be a current member or must join CACCN. Voucher should be used at the time of examination registration, however if you have already applied, you may obtain the code and contact CNA via email at email@example.com with confirmation of CACCN membership in the national association and the voucher along with a request to be refunded the 20% discount. CACCN has 30 voucher codes available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your Discount Voucher Code.
- CACCN Certification Bursary! Bursary submission portal opens when the certification application period opens for initial / renewal certification. Applications may only be submitted in the year in which you write/pass the exam or renew your certification and are only accepted via the online submission system. Review the criteria before submission.
- MIP, CNA and CACCN Draw to win your certification fees. You must be a member of CACCN before September 30, 2020 to participate; Draw applications will be accepted until September 2021.
- Canadian Nurses Foundation Certification Awards
- Other Financial Resources
|Earn Continuing Learning Hours (CL) through CACCN|
|CACCN Membership: 4 CL hours per year|
|Committee activity related to your certification nursing specialty/area of nursing practice (i.e. includes serving on the planning committee for a specialty conference or on the executive of the association for your area of nursing practice): 25 CL hours maximum|
|Presentations, lectures and posters – credits for presentations you make to other health professionals on topics related to your area of certification. Prep time is included: Calculate preparation time by doubling the presentation time (e.g., 1 hour presentation plus 2 hours preparation = 3 CL hours)|
|Oral or poster presentation to a provincial or national conference: 10 CL hours maximum for presentation and preparation|
|Volunteering related to your nursing specialty (e.g., with a not-for-profit organization or charity, serving as a board member or delivering presentations to clients and/or consumers.): 15 CL hours maximum|
|Over the five-year certification term for completing learning activities related to meeting your jurisdictional regulatory standards.† (see more at specialty certification CNA): 15 CL hours maximum|