- Choosing Wisely Canada/CNA – Nine Things Nurses and Patients Should Question.
- The Canadian Nurses Association (CNA): National Nursing Framework on Medical Assistance in Dying in Canada (MAID).
CACCN Position Statements
The CACCN develops position statements to provide summaries of the Association’s view on issues pertaining to critical care nurses and their nursing practice. Critical Care Nurses from across the country participate in the creation of all position statements. Position statements are reviewed a minimum of every five years to ensure applicability to practice.
CACCN encourages members to review position statements from their provincial regulatory nursing body, as well as the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- Critical Care Advanced Nursing Practice (2011)
- Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist (2011)
- Critical Care Nurse Practitioner (2011)
- Newly Revised: Deceased Organ and Tissue Donation (2019)
- Healthy Work Environments (2018)
- Models of Care in the Critical Care Unit (2019)
- Patient and Family Centred Care (2018)
- Newly Revised: Providing End of Life Care in the Intensive Care Unit (2020)
- Structure of Intensive Care Units (2011)
Restraint Position Statements and Policies: CACCN has not created a restraint position statement as there is a wealth of information available to members through other nursing sources:
Printing and copying for personal use is acceptable. Adoption, redistribution and / or commercial use is prohibited without express written permission of CACCN. Please contact National Office providing your name, contact telephone, contact email, and the purpose for redistribution of the materials. The Board of Directors of CACCN will review your request and respond.