CACCN WELLNESS EVENTS
Reflections: Critical Care Stories from Across Canada
- Summary: Reflections: Sharing our stories and supporting each other (July 2021)
- Summary: Reflections: Where do we go from here (September 2021)
- Summary: Reflections: Reflect, Rebuild and Create Resiliency
Care for the Caregiver (November 2020)
- Care for the Caregiver: Powerpoint (Carla MacDonald)
- Lucy Hone: 3 Secrets of Resilient People
- Brene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability
- David Donaldson: Resilience – The Up Side of Down
Patient and Family Centred Care (July 2020)
SELF CARE RESOURCES
To support our members and critical care nurses across the country and abroad, we have gathered self-care resources from a variety of providers (majority are low to no cost). Sharing of resources does not constitute endorsement of the provider or the resources provided.
- CACCN Healthy Work Environments Position Statement
- New October 2022! Mindwell for Healthcare Workers
- American Association of Critical-Care: Nurses: Well-Being in Uncertain Times
- American Journal of Nursing Blog: Practicing the ABCDEs of Self-Care in Pandemic Times
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association: Managing Stress and Burnout During COVID19: Information for Nurses
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: Mental Health and Covid-19 Resources for Healthcare Workers
- College of Nurses of Ontario: Supporting Nurses in Self-Care and Self Care Fact Sheet
- Beat the Burn (BTB)
- Echo Ontario:
- Coping with Covid: A virtual education and capacity building program that builds a community of practice, promotes resilience, provides skills and resources, and supports overall mental wellbeing amongst hospital-based health care providers currently supporting the COVID pandemic.
- For healthcare providers: Fridays 2:00pm -3:00pm
- Additional information: scroll down to Managing Physical and Mental Health of Health Care Workers
- Hamilton Health Sciences:
- Lippincott: Self-Care Tips for Nurses, From Nurses
- Mindful.org: Holding the Whole Catastrophe: Being a Nurse During Covid
- Nursing Standard: Stress management and self-care tips for nurses during the pandemic
- Registered Nurses Association Ontario (RNAO)
- Registered Nursing.org: The Ultimate Guide to Self-Care for Nurses
- Recovering from Extreme Stressors Through Online Resources and E-health. RESTORE is an online intervention to address the effects of exposure to traumatic and extremely stressful experiences in the context of the pandemic developed by Kathryn Trottier, at University Health Network
- Solving Wellness
- Solving Wellness is a virtual platform that provides unique and curated health and wellness content to help healthcare providers across the country improve their health and achieve greater well-being. We are offering live webinars, fitness classes, yoga and cooking classes, mental health resources, workshops and more. Solving Wellness is passionate about helping you work at making positive changes to feel better in all aspects of your life.
- Website: www.solvingwellness.com
- TEND Academy
- Wellness Together Canada / Espace Mieux-être Canada
- This portal offers access to free and confidential online mental health and substance use supports, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in both official languages. To date, over 1.28 million individuals across all provinces and territories have accessed the portal.
- Ce portail offre gratuitement un accès à des services de soutien en ligne confidentiels en matière de santé mentale et de consommation de substances, 24 heures sur 24, sept jours sur sept, dans les deux langues officielles. À ce jour, plus de 1,28 million personnes de toutes les provinces et territoires ont accédé au portail.
- Fact Sheet / Fiche descriptive https://wellnesstogether.ca/en-CA / https://wellnesstogether.ca/fr-CA