Critical Care Candidate Pool
- General Campus, Civic Campus and University of Ottawa Heart Institute
- Days, evenings and nights, including weekends, 12 hour shifts (*For information purposes only – The Hospital reserves the right to change).
- Salary $33.560-$48.050/Hour
About The Ottawa Hospital
Inspired by research and driven by compassion!
The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) is one of Canada’s largest learning and research multi-campus hospitals. With more than 1,100 beds and approximately 12,000 staff members, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region.
From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges while continually engaging with the community to support our vision for better patient care.
Working together with its research institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners, the hospital is continually gaining national and international recognition for high-quality patient care, teaching and research, while striving to meet the needs of the culturally diverse community we serve.
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse?
Do you want to work for an organization recently recognized as one of the National Capital’s Top Employers? Would you like to gain and diversify your scope of experience? Would you like the opportunity to grow and learn in your professional field?
We are currently accepting resumes to build a pool of qualified candidates for future opportunities as a Registered Nurse in Critical Care including the Coronary Care ICU, Cardiac Surgical ICU, Combined Medical/Surgical ICU and Neuroscience Acute Care/Trauma Unit.
What you will bring
- Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Recent critical care, adult ICU or surgical/medical experience;
- Ability to perform BCLS to the College of Nurses standards;
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuing education and willingness to actively participate in departmental educational activities;
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the nursing process and the ability to apply this process to the practice of Nursing;
- Demonstrates a commitment to patient teaching;
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively as an active member of the health care team;
- Demonstrates a professional and respectful attitude to patients, the public and colleagues;
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
You’ll stand out with
- CNA certification in Critical Care;
- Completed or currently enrolled in the Critical Care Nursing Course;
- One (1) year Adult Surgical/Medical experience;
- Proficiency in English and French – oral expression (advanced level) and comprehension (advanced level).
What you can expect from us
The Ottawa Hospital is committed to providing a healthy, safe, and inclusive work environment for everyone. We are driven by our purpose to provide each patient with the world-class care, exceptional service and compassion we would want for our loved ones.
We offer an attractive and equitable compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, a Defined Benefit Pension (DBP) plan, and insurance protection. We also offer discounts from choice providers on a variety of products and services.
The Ottawa Hospital provides various Health and Wellness resources as well as opportunities for personal and professional development opportunities from our in-house Learning and Leadership Development team to help align your goals with your career objectives.
Interested? Apply today!
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by improving the health of the community, excited by leading-edge medical technology, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient safety as we are, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an on-line application for the position you are interested in. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Ottawa Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the recruitment process.
Please apply on our website, Job ID # 75980 https://www.ottawahospital.on.ca/en/career-opportunities/career-opportunities-at-the-hospital/
Posted: October 2, 2020; Expires: November 3, 2020