Hybrid Associate Account Manager (AAM) & Clinical Education Consultant (CEC), Greater Toronto Area (GTA) based also serving Central/Northern Ontario (Territory to be finalized)
Reports to: General Manager Canada and Manager of Clinical Education Department: Sales
The Hybrid AAM- CEC Position Purpose
The Hybrid AAM-CEC Position is full time positions that will see the candidate develop skills as both a Clinical Education Consultant as well as an Account Manager. The position is suited individuals with a strong Clinical background and strong communication and strategic thinking skills who are interested in exploring both Clinical Education as well as Account Management as career pathways.
Initially, the candidate focusses on development of a deep clinical application and operational understanding of all Spacelabs products through detailed CEC training and CEC co-travel and project experience. Once a foundation is established as a CEC, Spacelabs will add more sales exposure and sales training for the Associate Account Manager component of the position.
The individual will receive expert training in both CEC and Account Management by the Company and will work closely with mentors, management, and senior staff before assuming full responsibility for these functions. Once in the hybrid role we anticipate that the position will be approximately 50% CEC work and 50% Account Management work. Flexibility and planning with mangers will be important because both aspects of the position can experience peaks in workload.
Mentors and managers will work at all times with the candidate to ensure priorities are set and appropriate support especially in the account management role is available at all times. As AAM you will have defined accounts in which to conduct your account management functions in concert with the guidance and support of your Senior Account Manager mentors and managers. In your CEC role you will work both within your sales territory and often outside the sales territory on projects across Canada. These assignments will be carefully determined by your CEC Manager with reference to your account management activities.
Overall Responsibility Associate Account Manager (AAM)
For your territory, the Associate Account Manager has frontline responsibility for account satisfaction with the Spacelabs products, and our relationship. The Associate account manager works closely with management and the local account manager (LAM) in coordinating the local area team resources including the FSE team, CEC team and Cardiology specialists and management staff in order to deliver a professional, high quality and trustworthy partnership to our customers.
Through development of each customer relationship in your territory the Associate Account Manager will identify and document all opportunities for business potential and then with the LAM and the GM to prioritize each and deploy Spacelabs strategic selling approach in managing the opportunities identified as potential fits for the company and the customer.
Meeting territory business objectives are a primary goal and typically a result of managing and developing strong and trustworthy customer partnerships. Fostering long term customer relationships/satisfaction and maximize value to Spacelabs Healthcare customers, and to convert competitive accounts in the territory in a cost-effective manner.
Principal Accountabilities, Responsibilities, and End Results
- Through company provided training you will be given the product and strategic selling and tools knowledge to manage your territory.
- The Associate Account Manager must successfully complete training provided and commit to adopt the approaches and tools provided in managing the territory
- The Associate Account Manager, working with the other AM and GM, will devise a territory business strategy to ensure a balanced approach to identifying, developing, and closing business opportunities to support the territory quota and business objectives as determined by your annual ICP plan and quota
- The Associate Account Manager working with the LAM and GM, will coordinate and leverage available resources in Canada to support activities in all product groupings (Monitoring, Cardiology and Perinatal)
- The Associate Account Manager through good communication skills, good planning and organizational skills will be the coordinator for the account team and well as for the customers Spacelabs resources.
- The Associate Account Manager will also fulfill all maintenance and reporting duties including expense reporting, budget management, CRM, funnel management, and meet any back-office requirements.
- Strive, at all times, to achieve your annual quota by prioritizing selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration and complete territory coverage.
- Develop and implement annually a territory strategic business plan supporting attainment of quota, market share growth, and other company objectives.
- Maintain sufficient identified business to support a “balanced” sales funnel as defined by management.
- Utilize all members of the Canadian team as well as other company resources including marketing and Senior Management to maximize sales, account penetration and market share.
- Represent –Spacelabs Healthcare as the technology leader and vendor of choice through regular product presentations, evaluations, customer training and sales calls as required by the company.
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge on Spacelabs Healthcare and competitive products.
- Participate in Professional Trade Shows and Sales meetings.
- Proficiency in Strategic Selling should be at a proficient to expert level.
- Develop and maintain consultative sales relationships with key-buying influences in each account.
- Maintain knowledge of each account’s current and long-term purchase plans and objectives.
AAM Responsibility: Sales Administration
Working with the SAM the AAM will be trained and be expected to:
- Submit accurate reports regarding expenses, sales activities, results, market position, and forecasts (i.e., CRM and Monthly Business Reviews etc.).
- Fully commit to develop expert skills in all tools related to strategic selling, CRM, funnel management, quote building, expense management,
- Maintain current and adequate supply of literature and sales tools for customer distribution.
- Utilize and appropriately plan with sales support staff to prepare all quotations and RFPs in a timely and high-quality fashion
AAM Responsibility: Company Assets: The AAM will:
- Maintain demo inventory in saleable condition, including proper storage, movement and record keeping. Inventory should be sold after 12 months or as directed by management.
- Ensure that company vehicle is regularly maintained at all times consistent with fleet requirements.
- Manage PC, phone, MiFi, business credit cards appropriately
AAM Responsibility: Safety Desired Outcome: The AAM will
- Observe all applicable company safety policies and practices.
- Use company-approved moving services or loading devices to safely load and unload demo equipment where authorized.
- Use safe and defensive driving techniques and attend defensive driving training as required.
Overall Clinical Education Consultant (CEC) responsibilities
Reporting to and acting on the direction of the National Education Manager Canada the Clinical Education Consultant (CEC) assists the sales organization and customers with clinical demonstrations, evaluations and education for the customers using Spacelabs Healthcare products. The CEC provides support during installation and education to customers on clinical application of Spacelabs Healthcare products.
CEC Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be competent in the application and operation of all products and environments
- Work various shifts as deemed necessary for successful pre-sales demonstrations, evaluation, or installation.
- Provide customer training on all clinical applications of equipment.
- Utilize efficient time management and cost containment in all activities.
- Demonstrate professionalism and positive approach when interacting with team members and customers.
- Communicate all relevant customer information including product and/or customer problems or opportunities to appropriate personnel.
- Provide timely and complete reports of activity as required.
- Support Spacelabs overall business goals and objectives.
- Clinical pre and post sales activities in Patient Monitoring, Perinatal and Cardiology Product
- Participate in routine staff and CEC training activities
- Perform any additional related duties as requested by the National Education Manager or GM
Hybrid AAM and CEC Qualifications:
- RN, RRT certification is required
- Critical Care or Emergency or Perinatal clinical working experience as an RRT or RN is required (minimum of 2 years)
- Fluent English written and verbal is required
- Fluent French written and verbal is an asset
- Demonstrated effective presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Additionally, industry experience in sales or clinical training would be an asset
- Teaching experience would be an asset.
- PC and MS office skills including word processing and use of Internet communications.
- Demonstrated flexibility, autonomy, self-motivation, and a high level of professional demeanor.
- Ability to travel including across time zones and using various means of transportation (planes, rental cars and personal vehicle)
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Previous work experience with a medical device company preferred.
- Travel to effectively cover your assigned AAM territory and to fulfill your CEC duties directed by Management or customer needs will vary with workload between 30-50% on a monthly basis
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Do you have questions about this job opportunity? Please contact Krista Silvaggio – 514-983-3883.
Posted: October 12, 2021; Expires: November 15, 2021