Registered Nurse – Cardiac Critical Care Unit (CCCU) – The Hospital for Sick Children
SickKids nurses are leaders who influence and deliver the best in specialized child and family-centred care. We focus on the whole person, to support children and families to cope, develop, grow, thrive and transform, leveraging strengths of the family.
When you join SickKids, you are joining a renowned inter-professional care team. We’ve been recognized as one of the World’s Best paediatric healthcare centers, as well as a top 100 Employer in Canada.
We are proud of where we work, and we think you will be too!
As an RN at SickKids there are many opportunities for career development including Critical Care Nursing, Acute Care Transport, Research, Education, Leadership, Advanced Practice, and more. We provide access to funding to help with the cost of investing in your career.
Ready to start your journey? Apply now for an opportunity to join our team on April 8, 2024.
We are currently looking for Registered Nurses in the Cardiac Critical Care Unit (CCCU) to assess the nursing needs and provide care to support children and families as they experience illness and the response of treatment.
The CCCU is an 18-bed unit. The patients, ages range from newborn to 18 years of age. The unit is equipped with state-of-the-art monitoring equipment including computerized bedside charting. The CCCU has an international reputation for excellence in paediatric cardiac critical care, research and education. We are committed to providing an environment where excellence and innovation in practice, education and research are valued. Nurses have the opportunity to develop clinical expertise in Cardiac Critical Care nursing. To preview our kind of Nursing: CCCU Nursing.
Nursing care of the critically ill child and their parents demands highly specialized technical and interpersonal skills, sound clinical judgment, caring, advocacy and integrity. Nurses practice in an inter-professional practice model with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team of paediatric health care professionals.
Here’s What You’ll Love:
- Enhancing children’s health and changing the lives of children and their families every day
- Our academic and learning environment with robust 3-month orientation, mentoring programs, and focus on continuous improvement
- A culture of safety for both the patient and staff
- A focus on employee wellness. Self-care helps us care for others.
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan
- A hospital that welcomes and focuses on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- A work environment where you have flexible scheduling, safe staff to patient ratios, awards and bursaries
- Being a part of the expert interprofessional care team driving hospital wide changes and beyond
- The opportunity to be recognized for nursing excellence awards and recognition programs
For more information, please visit: Nursing at SickKids
To preview descriptions inside SickKids Nursing units, please see this link: Hospital for Sick Children
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement a nursing plan of care
- Work in collaboration with the child/family and the interdisciplinary health care team
- Maintain clinical competence and knowledge base through continued education and life-long learning
- Utilize evidence-based practice as a base in the promotion of professional accountability
- Provide safe, competent and ethical nursing care
Who You Are:
- Graduate of an approved Baccalaureate Nursing Program
- Current registration as an RN with the College of Nurses of Ontario (General Class License)
- Possess 1 + years of clinical nursing experience in an RN capacity
- Previous work experience in paediatrics is a strong asset but not mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use your critical thinking, problem-solving and teamwork abilities
Our Hiring Process
Please follow the steps outlined below when submitting your application:
- Visit the SickKids Careers website to apply to the Registered Nurse in the CCCU.
- It is easy – you only need to submit one application! Please include a cover letter as part of your application.
- Make sure to indicate your top 3 units of interest in your cover letter to let us know of your other interested units. If you are open to any unit, please let us know in your cover letter.
If you are selected, you will be contacted for a virtual interview between January 18th-February 29th. If you are not selected for this round of interviews, we encourage you to reapply in the future.
Upon receiving a verbal offer, all successful candidates will need to provide 2 supervisory references who can speak to clinical experience.
Posted: January 29, 2024; Expires: March 4, 2024