Registered Nurse, Critical Care
- Job Title: Registered Nurse
- Department: Critical Care
- Employment Type: Full and Part Time
- Hospital Location(s): Belleville General Hospital
QHC is an integrated system of four hospitals working with their partners to provide exceptional care to the people of their communities. Care is provided through four hospitals – Belleville General Hospital, North Hastings Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital, and Trenton Memorial Hospital – and includes four emergency departments, operating rooms at three sites, a rehabilitation day hospital, children’s treatment centre, ambulatory care clinics, community mental health programs, and a range of diagnostic services. There are inpatient beds for acute medical patients, intensive care, obstetrics, paediatrics, mental health, complex continuing care, rehabilitation, and surgery. To learn more about Quinte Health Care, please visit their website at: http//www.qhc.on.ca.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who are interested in full-time and part-time employment in our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and share our values. At QHC, our ICU nurses are highly skilled healthcare professionals, who play an important role within our inter-professional care team. ICU nurses are intimately involved in caring for the acute and critical care needs of adults experiencing a wide range of medical and surgical conditions. Experienced team members play an important role in our hospital’s critical care response team, quality improvement, staff development and resource management strategies to improving patient outcomes and creating exceptional patient experiences. We offer a fulsome orientation program with a mentor assignment and a clinical resource specialist. ICU staff typically work 12-hour shifts including days, nights, evenings and weekends.
- Current Certificate of Registration in good standing, or eligible for registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current CPR or BCLS certificate.
- Current ACLS Certification or registered for ACLS course to start within 6 months.
- Completion of Coronary Care 1 or equivalent (ex. previous Cardio Concepts QHC) or willing to register to an eligible course within 60 days and completion within 6 months of commencement of position (or mutually agreed upon dates).
- A minimum of 1-year recent acute care experience in a medical/surgical department in the last 3 years, or a minimum of 6 months’ acute care experience in an ICU environment.
- Completion of a recognized Critical Care Nursing Program or willingness to enroll within 3 months of hire and a commitment to complete the certification within 2 years.
- Evidence of continuing professional development. (please list most recent 3 on application)
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload. (Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) available to review)
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, interpersonal and communication skills to assume in charge responsibility to function independently.
- Practices within the scope of professional, legal and ethical standards
- Accountable to seek out and obtain education to enhance/improve practice
- Formulates the plan of care in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Continuously assesses, monitors and evaluates data regarding the patients physical, emotional, and psycho-social status
- Continuous analysis of data to formulate nursing response and interventions based on the patient/family wishes, priorities, and needs
- Plans interventions in collaboration with the inter-professional care team to formulate an overall plan of care
- Implements the established plan of care in collaboration with the inter-professional team using advanced skill and knowledge within his/her professional scope of practice
- Evaluates patient outcomes in a manner consistent with independent and interdependent nursing functions
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Sporadically – average under 30 pounds lifting, carrying, and pushing/pulling
- Required in extreme emergency – 100 pounds
- Required Often – standing
- Required Frequently – sitting, walking, on hard floor surface
- Required Occasionally – stooping, lateral bending, foot activation, kneeling, bending
- Required Rarely – crouching, squatting
- Required Frequently – both hands for reaching, reaching above shoulder, fine finger movement, foot action, pinching, gripping/grasping, and eye/hand coordination
We invite you to submit an expression of interest with our Intensive Care team. An HR Generalist will be in touch with those who submit expressions of interest. For those who are interested, we invite you to either set up a profile and apply through our career centre by visiting www.qhc.on.ca or contact our HR Generalist directly at email@example.com or (613) 969-7400 Ext 2217
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Quinte Health Care, 265 Dundas St East, Belleville Ontario K8N 5A9 – #QHC #HuntingforMoreHeroes
Posted: June 23, 2020 Expires: July 25, 2020