Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto’s best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada’s largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual
who wants to advance their career as a
The Manager, Medicine (Cardiac Care Unit, Acute Cardiac Care (combined unit) Cardiac Cath Lab, Pacemaker Clinic and Out Patient Medicine Clinics) reports to the Director of Medicine and Critical Care. The Patient Care Manager is responsible for ensuring that patient care and services are delivered in accordance with the Hospital’s vision and strategic goals. This is achieved in partnership with the Clinical Resource Leader (CRL) and Supervisor by providing patient and family centered care, encouraging people, ensuring value, and inspiring innovation. The Patient Care Manager consistently uses best practices in: leadership, business management
innovation, planning and goal setting, process enhancement and standardization, project and change management, team development and performance, communication and problem solving. The Patient Care
Manager also manages financial and human resources to ensure optimal and accountable performance of the unit/service areas. The Manager shares responsibility with the Clinical Resource Leader in ensuring a quality
practice setting, based on evidence-supported clinical practice standards that inspire staff to achieve service excellence reflected by high levels of patient satisfaction within a culture of safety and learning.
- Baccalaureate Degree in nursing
- Masters in nursing or a related field, or enrolled and working towards Masters
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- CNA certification that is reflective of the patient population preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years recent related clinical experience within an acute care setting, at least two years in a leadership capacity including the following:
- Experience in Cardiac Catheterization lab
- Proven ability to engage staff in patient focused, evidence based high quality patient care.
- Strong leadership skills including demonstrated effectiveness with designing, planning, managing projects and change management.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and best practice related to patient and staff safety and continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated superior problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, plan and monitor the operating and capital equipment budget for areas of responsibility.
- Broad knowledge of patient care population service challenges and program/ service research.
- Sound labour and employee relations skills – experience in a unionized environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational structures and functions.
- Demonstrated embodiment of MGH Core values; proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Advocate for patient, staff and the advancement of professional practice.
- Knowledge of scheduling and staffing principles and experience with staffing.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a healthy workplace including fair and equitable work practices.
- Working knowledge of clinical/administrative computer software, including MS office, scheduling and
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their coworkers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please visit our Careers page at www.tehn.ca > Careers > Career Opportunities to apply to the role
Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the
values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
Posted: September 30, 2020; Expiry: November 1, 2020