Are you passionate about exceptional care? Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) is seeking a dynamic and motivated Registered Nurse to join our team. RVH is located in the city of Barrie in the heart of Ontario’s cottage and ski country and is a 50-minute drive north of Toronto. The area offers numerous recreational activities, a relaxed lifestyle and a comparatively low cost of living. Every day, inspiring care is provided to patients across the Simcoe Muskoka region by a team of exceptional employees, physicians and volunteers who demonstrate Work Together, Respect All, Think Big, Own It, and Care. Being a member of the RVH team means you work side-by-side with people who are passionate and dedicated to delivering high quality patient-centred care… opportunities begin here!
Reporting to the Manager of Intensive Care, the Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who is responsible and accountable for providing quality patient care within a delivery model in accordance with the philosophy, policies and standards of care of the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH), the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and all relevant legislation.
- Required Critical Care Certificate
- Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current ACLS/BLS essential
- Coronary Care Level 1 or equivalent essential
- CNCC(C) preferred
- Post Graduate courses in Cardiology, Respiratory Systems and Physical Assessment essential
- Sound knowledge of nursing process and responsibilities of profession
- Current progressive nursing experience in Adult ICU/CCU required
- Membership in an associated professional interest group, current with industry trends
- Functions independently within scope of practice
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using both oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and members of the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving ability, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Commitment to professional growth and development of self and others
- Demonstrated commitment to concepts of Continuous Quality Improvement and Customer Service
- Exemplifies RVH core values
- Has excellent attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing environment
- Must be able to perform all physical demands of patient care in the ICU
For further information about this vacancy (Requisition #5611) and to pursue this career opportunity, please apply through RVH Career Opportunities at www.rvh.on.ca
Need help with your application? Call us at 1-888-MY HR RVH or email RVHHRSupport.Centre@telus.com.
Live and work where you play!
Join our growing team today. Become an inspiration!
Posted: January 21, 2021; Expires: February 28, 2021