Critical Care Nursing – Part-time Contract
The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. In January 2016 the Michener Institute integrated with University Health Network and has become the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Continuing Education Instructor position with The Michener Institute.
The course instructor is responsible for quality delivery of the classroom sessions and monitoring of the online learning for the Program. The incumbent will work in collaboration with the Program Coordinator/Program Facilitator and the Continuing Education (CE) Program Manager to ensure learners are able to meet the course objectives.
- Review course materials well in advance to ensure full understanding of the content to be able to answer questions posed by the learners.
- Organize and deliver assigned classroom days to ensure delivery according to Michener quality standards, using only approved templates, course materials, presentations.
- Promote student engagement classroom sessions.
- Invite and respond to questions re course content, format and assignments. Provide feedback /supportive comments on discussions.
- Support struggling students and remediate during course, when necessary.
- Take responsibility for equipment (if applicable) and materials throughout the course, supervising student use and ensuring that students use the equipment respectfully.
- Supervise the delivery/administration of assessment activities.
- Maintain course quality by ensuring student feedback is reviewed and make recommendations for course changes as required.
- Minimal 5 years current or recent critical care nursing experience.
- Prior teaching or preceptorship experience.
- Current Critical Care Nursing certification with Canadian Nursing Association
- Current registration with College of Nursing Ontario
- Ability and willingness to maintain proficiency in all aspects of the profession including changes in the competency requirements.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter to:
The Michener Institute
Continuing Education Department
(Attention: Debbie Warner)
222 St. Patrick Street, Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: September 29, 2021; Expires: October 31, 2021